Dollar Store Craft: Door Hanger Chore Chart
Here’s an easy way to keep track of which chores have been done: a door hanger chore chart! Make a different hanger for each child, and don’t forget to make one for yourself while you’re at it! The best part is that you can craft this simple project with stuff you find at the dollar store.
What you need for this door hanger chore chart:
- Foam door hanger
- Contrasting construction paper
- Letter stickers
- Wooden clothespins
- Permanent marker
Note: If you can’t find a door hanger craft kit at the dollar store, pick up a package of craft foam sheets and make your own door hanger by trimming a sheet into a long rectangle, and cutting a 2.5″ hole in the top.
1. Stick “chore chart” letters on a piece of construction paper. Trim to fit to door hanger, then glue.
2. Add letter stickers to one side of door hanger that say “to do” and to other side of door hanger that say “done.”
3. Using permanent marker, label wooden clothespins with chore names.
4. Start the day with chores on the “to do” side, and move pegs to “done” side as chores are completed. Simple!
Heather Mann is the mother of four boys, and is constantly on the lookout for fun games, activities, and recipes to keep her busy boys, well, busy. She designs and shares clever crafts with a frugal twist at her site Dollar Store Crafts.