Recycled Craft: Rainbow Mobile
Finished a box of cereal? Save and recycle it into this eye-catching rainbow mobile. This colorful craft is sure to brighten up any rainy day!
The best part of this craft is that you can teach your kids the colors of the rainbow while they work on this simple craft: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple.
Here’s how to make a Rainbow Mobile:
- Recycled cereal box
- Ribbon in rainbow colors
- Paint in rainbow colors
- Cotton balls
- Paint brushes
- Kid-appropriate scissors
- Newspapers to protect your work surface
1. Open up a cereal box until it is flat. Draw a large rainbow on the inside of the box. Cut the rainbow out.
2. Put newspapers on the table to protect your work surface. Then, paint the rainbow in this order: red at the top, then orange, then yellow, green, blue, and purple.
3. When the paint has dried, glue ribbons to the back of the rainbow. Make sure you match the ribbon color to the color of the rainbow stripe.
4. When the ribbon’s glue has dried, turn the rainbow over and glue cotton ball clouds at the bottom of each side of the rainbow.
5. Add a loop of ribbon at the top of the rainbow for hanging!
Hang your mobile up, and enjoy all the colors of the rainbow!
Here are a few more rainbow-themed crafts to try:
- Kix Gold at the End of the Rainbow Snack
- Pot ‘o Gold Rainbow Salt Art
- Rainbow Explosions Experiment
- Rainbow Breakfast Bento Box
Heather Mann is the mother of four boys, and is constantly on the lookout for fun games, activities, and recipes to keep her busy boys, well, busy. She designs and shares clever crafts with a frugal twist at her site Dollar Store Crafts and ideas for being the best mom ever (on a budget) at Dollar Store Mom.