Food Art: A Fruity Snowman Snack
This adorable fruity snowman snack is not only easy to make, but it’s a fantastic winter snack for kids. They will love helping you put this quick snack together in the kitchen, and love gobbling it up even more!
What You’ll Need
3 slices of banana
1 slice of strawberry
2 pretzel sticks
Berry Berry Kix cereal (or any flavor of Kix)
7 black currants
1 small slice of carrot
1 mini marshmallow for the hat (plus more for the snow on the ground if desired)
a sharp kitchen knife (be sure to supervise your kids if you let them slice)
How To Make It
1. Place your 3 slices of banana on a plate in a snowman shape.
2. Grab your 2 pretzel sticks and place 1 stick on each side of the middle banana slice for the snowman’s arms.
3. Place your slice of strawberry on top of the first banana slice for the snowman’s hat. Add a mini marshmallow for the pompom.
4. Using your knife (supervise children!), slice your small piece of carrot into a triangle shape. Place this carrot on the top banana slice for the nose. Also place your black currants on this banana slice – 2 for the eyes and 5 for the mouth.
5. Place 3 pieces of Berry Berry Kix cereal on the second and third banana slice for buttons.
6. Finally, and optionally, place some more mini marshmallows at the bottom of the plate for snow.
Jill Dubien is a working mom who loves to craft and cook with her kiddos in her spare time. Before she had kids, Jill couldn’t cook much of anything except toast and cereal, and really despised being in the kitchen. People who know her personally find it extremely humorous that she is now the self-proclaimed “Queen of fun food.” Jill blogs at Meet the Dubiens, where she shares lots of fun foods and crafts for kids.